This column contains easy recipes that even beginners can easily make with not hard-to-find but common ingredients that will always exist when you open your refrigerator, and it will be a great culinary guide to convey sophisticated taste of home-made meals.[Editort's note]
12 of Chinese cabbage(1kg)
3 thin green onions
12 cup red pepper powder
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chopped ginger
1 tablespoon salted shrimp
2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 cup of water
Amount of pickled salt and water
Pickled cabbage: 2 tablespoons of coarse salt, 2 cups of water
Pickled radish: 1 tablespoon of coarse salt, 1 cup of water
How to Cook
1. Cut cabbage into 2.5cm width, and radish into 2.5×2.5×0.3cm size, and pickle in salt
water for about 30 minutes(mix the top and bottom while pickling).
2. After washing thoroughly several times, put it on a tray to drain the water.
3. Wash thin green onions and cut them into 4cm long.
4. Put the pickled cabbage and radish in a large bowl, color red with red pepper powder, add the sliced green onion, and add all the rest of the kimchi seasoning. If it is fresh, add salt.
5. Press tightly into the kimchi container and cook well before eating.
Cooking Master's Secret
- Mat kimchi is also called 'seokbakji', and it is not kimchi that is stored for a long time, but rather that kimchi is soaked.
- Put it in a kimchi container and put it at room temperature(20℃) for a day or two. When it smells ripe, keep it in the refrigerator and eat it.
- You can also make kimchi with cabbage
Mi Ran Park: Korean cooking master(대한민국 한식대가), DaeBok company vice president